Monday 21 March 2011

How libraries use blogs

I have just been looking on Technorati to see how other libraries use blogs. I have found some really cool blogs out there from libraries all over the world. I like that libraries are using blogs to promote events and letting their followers know what is going on. I found it really interesting to see what other libraries are doing and how they are using blogs. I especially like the ones that have video and pictures as it helps to visualise what they are posting about. i found the Christchurch City Libraries blog very informative and easy to navigate and it was very well set up with pictures and I like the use of the subject cloud. Another blog I found very good was the Smithsonian libraries one which was fairly plain but had some very interesting info on it.
I am hoping that we can take some of these good ideas to use in a blog for my library if it is approved.
Thanks for reading about my discoveries Of web 2.0 technologies.

Library 2.0 lizard. 

1 comment: