Wednesday 17 August 2011

I have been looking on Flickr this week and reading about the cool ways people share photos. I was amazed to find out how popular it is and how many thousands of photos are on there. I think the way libraries are using Flickr is really cool because it is a storage tool as well as a way to share what they are doing be it author talks or whatever. I found a cool picture I think really shows the awesome power of nature and something really Australian. I couldn't work out how to add an image so I have added a link instead. The picture I found is of a bush fire in NT which comes from Duhcati's photostream on Flickr.
click here to see picture
I really like this picture because of the different colours shown and some of the feelings it invokes in me because I have seen some fires this close before and it is just a crazy thing to see.
I am seriously considering putting some of my own photos on Flickr now after seeing how easy it is to use but I may make it private though at this stage, but I will be talking to the powers that be about organising a library Flickr account to show off some of the cool stuff we do.

Well till next time thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment